At Southwest we are always searching the globe for the best equipment out there. Which is why we are very excited to introduce our new line of Formax Machines. Formax is a US equipment manufacturer that specializes in pressure seal, mailing, and digital print finishing solutions. They have been in business for 31 years and in that time have developed high quality, patented machines that we ourselves use in our office. Let’s dive in and get to know the new pieces:
- Atlas C100 – Fully Automatic Creaser for Digital Prints. Touchscreen control panel, six pre-programmed settings, sheet size up to 27.5” x 12.9”, 8,500 sheets/hr, and up to 16 creases per sheet.
- Atlas C200 – Fully Automatic Creaser digital prints. Touchscreen control panel, six pre-programmed settings, sheet size up to 27.5” x 19.6”, 8,500 sheets/hr, and up to 16 creases per sheet.
- Atlas C300 - Fully Automatic Creaser and Folder for digital prints. 9 sheets can be creased 9 times in less than 9 seconds. Touchscreen control panel that has been pre-programmed, Up to 16 creases and 2 folds per sheet, 6,000 sheets/hr, up to 27.5”x 15.1” sheet size.
- FD 300 – Semi-Automatic Folder accommodates paper up to 8.5” x 14” at 7,400 sheets/hr. Folds pre-marked for C, Z, Half Parallel and Double Parallel. LCD control panel with counter.
- FD 314 – Semi-Automatic Folder accommodates paper up to 8.5” x 14” at 7,700 sheets/hr. Folds pre-marked for C, Z, Half Parallel and Double Parallel. LCD control panel with counter. Can be adjusted for custom folds.
Folding & Inserting:
- FC 6102 – Fifteen programmable folds, two automatic sheet feeders, color touchscreen display, folds and inserts documents up to 14”, seal and non-seal capabilities, 1,360 pieces/hr folded and inserted, capacity for 100 sheets/feeder and 100 envelopes sized 6” x 9.5”.
Business Card Slitters:
- FD 120 – Automatically cuts documents and stacks them in sequential order. Great for business cards, postcards, greeting cards, photos and more. Includes an LCD display with 6 pre-programmed jobs. Cuts letter and legal size paper up to 130lb thickness at speeds of up to 130 business cards per minute. Optional slit, score and perforation attachments available.
- FD 125 – Automatically cuts and stack documents in up to 13”x 19” sizes and 350 gsm thickness. Ideal for on-demand business cards, postcards, greeting cards, invitations, photos and more. Includes an LCD display with 7 pre-programmed jobs, 3 roller feeder and a conveyor for neat and sequential output. Cuts business cards at speeds of up to 240 pieces per minute. Also has a gutter cut to accommodate full bleed documents.
We hope you enjoy these machines as much as we do. While the above pieces are what we have decided to focus on at this time, we still have access to quote, sell and service any Formax machine and are looking forward to adding even more of their pieces to our line up in the near future.